This blog is my attempt to document our busy but BLESSED lives raising and educating our children for His glory. A child of God, wife to one, and mom to 6 fabulous kids. We are in our 15th year of homeschooling using a Classical ~ Literature based approach.

Come along for the good, the bad & the ugly.



Monday, August 13, 2012

Math Made Easy: Addition~ a TOS review

Teaching your children to master there math facts should be easy, right? Well, now it can be. In just 6 short weeks your child can know their addition or multiplication facts without using their fingers.  How, you ask? With Math Made Easy.

Photobucket

Math Made Easy was created by Glenda Brown James as a simple workbook to help children master addition and multiplication facts. We were privileged to receive the Homeschool Addition Package for this review. The addition workbook is primarily for children in 1st-2nd grade, however, you can use it with Kindergarteners or children with special needs. I attempted to use this with Montana, but she is not quite ready yet. I know this will come in handy come mid-year of this school year once she is a bit older.

Photobucket 

The 64 page addition workbook set sells for $24.95 and includes:

  • Lesson Plans
  • PreTest
  • Six Weeks of Daily Activity Sheets (labeled M-F)
  • Post Test
  • Games
  • Flash Cards

Photobucket

I would recommend this program for those looking to have there children master their addition facts. However, I would wait to start this until your child has a firm grasp of number sense. Montana is not at this point yet, but she will be soon and we will fully take advantage of this program. I should note that this is not an open and go program. Parent/teacher preparation is needed to cut out and laminate items. It is not extensive, but just thought I should mention that. Check out what my Crewmates thought of the addition program and others who reviewed the multiplication program by clicking on the banner below.

Photobucket
 

Company ~ Math Made Easy

Product ~ Homeschool Addition Package

Price ~ $24.95

Ages ~1st-2nd graders

 Photobucket

DISCLAIMER: I received the Homeschool Addition Package from Math Made Easy, in exchange for a thorough and honest review. Though I am compensated with free products, I am not compensated in the form of cash for my reviews. The opinions I have given are mine and may differ from others but are not influenced by the company or the free product provided.

blog comments powered by Disqus