This blog is my attempt to document our busy but BLESSED lives raising and educating our children for His glory. A child of God, wife to one, and mom to 6 fabulous kids. We are in our 15th year of homeschooling using a Classical ~ Literature based approach.

Come along for the good, the bad & the ugly.



Wednesday, April 6, 2011

TOS Review ~ KinderBach

Kinderbach2As part of the Homeschool Crew I was given the opportunity to review the on-line version of Kinderbach.  I was pretty excited when I found out about this review because Montana has been wanting to take piano lessons for a while. 

 image_thumb[9]

Kinderbach is an at-home music program designed to teach young children, 2-7 years olds, the basics of playing the piano. Upon completing all 7 levels you will have had 1 to 2 years of music instruction using video instruction, coloring pages, worksheets, and fun physical activities.  A very important thing I should note is that you do need access to a  piano or electronic keyboard with 36-48 full sized keys during the course.  Something that I wished I knew beforehand, but since Montana is taking a class at co-op it worked for us.

 

image_thumb[5] 

Each lesson is lead by Karri Gregor, the founder, who uses fun characters like Dodi to engage your child.  Within each of the 7 levels there are 10 weeks of lessons to explore.  Each lesson is broken down into weekly lessons with 4 short sessions of animated videos with  piano playing practice.  A 47 page activity book is included with each lesson. You can view the first few lessons here.

KinderBach is available as a subscription which you can view online or as a DVD series. For on-line learning you have two options, pay $19.99 a month and commit to a year long membership, or get a “day pass” and get in as much learning as you can in a 24 hour period.

 frisco_char

I thought this program was really excellent and worth giving a shot if you are  looking to provide piano instruction for your children.   Like I said before, just make sure you have access to a keyboard or piano to get the most out of the program. If you or your child is scared of clowns, be warned that the teacher sometimes dresses up as a clown. Montana and I give this program 2 thumbs up! She really had a great time learning the ins and outs of the piano.  I think this was a great transition for her as she starts learning piano in the fall.  Check out what my Crewmates thought here.

dodi_char

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I am a member of The Old Schoolhouse 2010-2011 Crew and as such received a subscription to KinderBach in exchange for a thorough and honest review.  Though I am compensated with free products, I am not compensated in the form of cash for my reviews.  The opinions I have given are mine and may differ from others but are not influenced by the company or the free product provided .

blog comments powered by Disqus