This blog is my attempt to document our busy but BLESSED lives raising and educating our children for His glory. A child of God, wife to one, and mom to 6 fabulous kids. We are in our 15th year of homeschooling using a Classical ~ Literature based approach.

Come along for the good, the bad & the ugly.



Thursday, October 28, 2010

Review~ 2010-2011 Middle School Planner

MSPLanner I was given a copy of the 2010-2011 Middle School Planner from The Old Schoolhouse Magazine store a few weeks ago to review.  I am sure you know about the Big E-book Planner that TOS sells. Yes, the one with over 600 pages for only $39 it’s a steal and I love it!  Well now TOS is selling a multipurpose student planner so that your children can learn to balance home and school responsibilities.

The Middle School planner is geared towards 7th and 8th graders and since Marie is an 8th grader I was eager to see what this planner entails. The planner allows me to put Marie in charge of her schedule as we transition to more independent work.

This planner allows you to select from a wide variety of forms to fit your students individual needs. Items such as:

  • To-do lists (today, tomorrow, next week . . .)
  • Audio/Visual log
  • Log sheet
  • Marking period planners
  • Wish list (stuff to buy later)
  • Science lab sheets (use to gather all the supplies and record the experiment too)
  • General book reports
  • Chore charts 
  • Loaned and borrowed lists (no more lost books, CDs, DVDs . . .)
  • Important phone numbers and contacts (never forget a phone number again)
  • Address book (from A–Z)
  • Family tree
  • Community service record (college and scholarship applications may require this information)
  • Dates to remember (birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, important events)
  • Website login/password reference (handy!)

You get all this and more with any of the TOS Student Planners. Don’t have a Middle Schooler, no problem, TOS has it all covered!  They offer four age-appropriate planners for the different stages of learning at a reasonable price.

I am so impressed with this student planner that I am going to order a Primary and Secondary planner for Mikayla and Madison’s use. I want to teach the girl’s how to effectively manage and organize their time, a life skill that is essential for good performance in school and in life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   I received a TOS Middle School Student Planner in exchange for a thorough and honest review.  Though I am compensated with free products, I am not compensated in the form of cash for my reviews.  The opinions I have given are mine and may differ from others but are not influenced by the company or the free product provided .

blog comments powered by Disqus