This blog is my attempt to document our busy but BLESSED lives raising and educating our children for His glory. A child of God, wife to one, and mom to 6 fabulous kids. We are in our 15th year of homeschooling using a Classical ~ Literature based approach.

Come along for the good, the bad & the ugly.



Wednesday, September 15, 2010

TOS Review ~ PyraMath

This week with the TOS Homeschool Crew I had the chance to review PyraMath from the makers of I See Cards. I played this with my 4th and 2nd grade daughters. One of them struggles a bit with math facts so I knew I wanted to give this a shot.

howtoplay

What is PyraMath you ask?

PyraMath is  a one or two player card game that helps strengthen  math fact skills. The object of the game is to quickly identify the numbers on your cards and then add, subtract, multiply or divide. Whoever completes their pyramid using by using fundamental mathematics wins!

learncard_pyramath

Each card is clearly numbered and labeled with four mathematical symbols addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. The cards are also labeled with English, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Roman and French numerical translation and symbols.

Sounds like this would be an expensive game for all it has to offer, right? Nope, this gem of a game is economically priced at just $6.95 for the 56 card set! It’s a steal at this price. And guess what, there’s more games offered on the I See Cards website to help with fractions, prime numbers, and basic language and math skills.

gs pyramath 009

After playing the game for several weeks I have seen Madison  making the mental math connections a little bit quicker. One thing I greatly appreciate about the cards is that they have the translation for several different languages. We are studying Spanish this year so we even played using the Spanish words. All in all PyraMath is hands down fun and takes the chore out of learning math facts!

Find out what my fellow crewmates thought about PyraMath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am a member of The Old Schoolhouse 2010-2011 Crew and as such received a copy of PyraMath in exchange for a thorough and honest review.  Though I am compensated with free products, I am not compensated in the form of cash for my reviews.  The opinions I have given are mine and may differ from others but are not influenced by the company or the free product provided .

blog comments powered by Disqus